The Barbie Inspiring Women Series pays tribute to incredible heroines of their time; courageous women who took risks, changed rules and paved the way for generations of girls to dream bigger than ever before. Despite being born into slavery in 1862, Ida B. Wells became a pioneering journalist and outspoken activist for civil rights and women’s suffrage. She co-owned and edited a Memphis newspaper where she courageously wrote about inequality affecting African-Americans. In addition, Wells (later known as Wells-Barnett) co-founded the National Association of Coloured Women’s Clubs and the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP). Sculpted to her likeness and wearing a traditional blue dress with lace details, this collectible Barbie doll honours Ida B. Wells’ courageous activism and remarkable accomplishments.
- The Barbie Inspiring Women Series pays tribute to pioneering journalist and tireless activist for racial and gender equality, Ida B. Wells
- This collectible Ida B. Wells Barbie doll wears a beautiful blue dress with lace details at the bodice, collar and waist
- A Memphis Free Speech newspaper accessory completes her look
- Ida B. Wells Barbie doll is sculpted to her likeness and features articulation for endless posing possibilities and inspired displays
- Includes doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity
- Colours and decorations may vary.
- This celebration of Ida B. Wells makes a great gift for Barbie collectors and kids ages 6 years old and up.
|Recommended Age Range||6+|
|Character||Ida B Wells|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|